11/16/2015

Cherry Tree

Sour Cherries - you have patiently taught me a lot about life: how you and I, and everything else on earth, is connected. And basically, how I don't know crap about gardening.
You've shown me that I am not the Master of you. It was irrelevant that I couldn't differentiate between a Sweet or Sour Cherry Tree, you still grew and bore fruit, and somehow foreign birds and bugs magically appeared and devoured every single piece you carefully produced .

Nothing is ever wasted in nature. Except by us, humans.

I've watched you humbly serve the animal community for several years, but today, is the day, I've discovered --that you, My Friend, are used in pie fillings, jams, and countless desserts!

As a result, I proudly partake in making our first ever batch of Jam-ish sauce, as you, my wise friend, hold back your giggles. That's ok... because this sauce will be the envy of the world!!!

Watch out world...
for iftar time,
as we need to feast upon this deliciousness,
as soon as we break open our fast!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment